4. Why am I doing all of this? Most of the things we do are for others. You might think you’re going to the gym for yourself, but you might actually be going to impress others with your amazing physique.
• How much are you actually doing for yourself? How many things do you do only because others are watching? Would you drive a luxury car if no one would ever know about it?
• Are your goals about satisfying yourself or impressing others? Are you only trying to live up to the expectations of others?
5. What is most important to me? We spend too much time on frivolous activities, largely because we haven’t defined our priorities. What is most important to you?
• If you could only have one career for the rest of your life, what would it be?
• If you could only be with one person for the rest of your life, what characteristics would that person possess?
• What are the three places you’d most like to visit?
• What are the three things you’d most like to accomplish?
• What are you going to make a priority in your life?
Consider the questions you ask yourself on a regular basis. In one form or another, most people are asking themselves, “How can I distract myself until…” By asking yourself more effective questions, you’ll get the answers you need to put your personal development into overdrive.